What is Computer Science?
Computer Science constitutes the study of computers predominantly around software and software systems. Study of computer science, involves application, practical, theory, development and design. The field of computer science covers a variety of areas such as artificial intelligence, database systems, programming languages, graphics, software engineering, networks and security, internet-of-things, and more.
Why Study Computer Science in UK?
- UK’s technology sector is continually evolving, creating more opportunities for Computer Science/ IT graduates
- UK’s biggest cities employ more than one fifth in the technology sector.
- The tech sector in UK is worth around £180 billion.
- Software developer and other Computer Science roles were advertised 36 per cent more in the UK over the summer of 2020.
- In UK the average payout increased by 0.3 per cent in 2021; while at the start of 2022, UK’s average salary increased YoY (Jan –Jan) by 6.3 per cent – Stand out CV.
- Global Digital Market economy is work more than $11.5 trillion.
- 8 UK universities are in the top 100 for Computer Science and Information Systems in the QS World Rankings by Subject 2022
Are you looking to Study in Abroad? Also Check out, India’s #1 Overseas Education Consultant, Envision Overseas for Study in UK.
Eligibility Requirements for a Computer Science Degree
- A Levels: Max AAA– Min CCD
- Five GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education) including Science, English, and Maths
- Computer Science degrees at some universities require a Math GCSE
- IELTS Requirements: Overall 6.5, In any one component the minimum score should be 6.0.
- Must reflect knowledge and interest in the subject
- Display a strong intent and motivation to pursue the program
- Personal statement should be well written (depicts language strength, and the candidates ability to make strong persuasive statements)
- Range of extracurricular interest – sports, volunteering activity, etc.
- Highlight the ability to work in a team, and display individual decision making capabilities.
Earning Potential as a Computer Science Graduate in the UK
A computer science graduate is typically employed after completing their degree. Salary varies with experience and the type of program pursued by the student. A fresh Computer Science graduate with no experience can earn between £28,000 while an experienced candidate has the earning potential of £44,000 on an average.
Jobs as a Computer Science Graduate in the UK
- Software Engineer
- Software Development Manager
- Web Developer
- Java Developer
- Front End Developer/Engineer
- Graphics Programmer
- Information Security Analyst
- IT Manager
- Network Analyst
- Software Architect
- System Analyst
- Web Applications Manager
- Web Security Administrator
Best Colleges in UK for Computer Science
University of Manchester
The University of Manchester offers 1,000 plus courses to pursue across different disciplines – business, humanities, engineering, etc. The University of Manchester ranks 27th in the QS World University Ranking 2022, and 66th in QS World Subject Rankings 2022: Computer Science and Information Systems
Top Computer Science and IT courses at the University of Manchester
- BSc Artificial Intelligence
- MSc ACS: Computer Security
- MSc Data Science (Social Analytics)
University of Birmingham
The University of Birmingham is a priced member of the Russell Group, earning it the reputation of offering superior research opportunities and academic excellence. The University of Birmingham ranks 79th in the QS World University Ranking 2022, and 151st– 200th in QS World Subject Rankings 2022: Computer Science and Information Systems.
Top Computer Science and IT courses at the University of Birmingham
- MSc in Data Science
- BSc Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science
- Masters/MSc Communications Engineering
University of Bristol
The University of Bristol was founded in 1876. This reputed university has aged with experience, and academic excellence, creating for its students a world-class experience. Over 600 courses are taught across undergraduate and postgraduate disciplines. The University of Bristol ranks 62th in the QS World University Ranking 2022, and 118th in QS World Subject Rankings 2022: Computer Science and Information Systems.
Best Computer Science and IT courses at the University of Bristol
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Mathematics of Cybersecurity
- MSc Communication Networks and Signal Processing
Queens Mary University of London
A member of the Russell Group of Universities, the Queens Mary University of London is renowned and recognized for its research and teaching. The university is ranked 117th in the world and 14th in the UK by the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings. The Research Excellence Framework recognized the university among the top research oriented universities in the UK; placing it 9th overall and 5th in the percentage of 3* and 4* research outputs.
Top Computer Science and IT courses at the Queens Mary University of London
- Bsc (Hons) Computer Science
- Apart from this if you are interested to know about The Most Essential Functions of Your Car That You Should Be Aware Of then visit our Tech category.