A Netgear Wi-Fi Extender is a device that helps to expand the existing Wi-Fi network. It rebroadcasts the already available internet signal thereby increasing the network range around the place. It can be really infuriating when despite having right Wi-Fi, right router in place and paying high bills, there are Wi-Fi dead zones at some corners of your home. A Netgear Wi-Fi extender can be effective in such cases as it helps to broaden the reach of wireless LAN. It is an inexpensive and convenient way to improvise the internet scope in your home. The position of the extender plays a vital role to solve the issue it is intended to do. Ideally an extender is placed somewhere in between the main router or Wi-Fi access points and the internet dead zone, to increase the network coverage throughout the house. It must be in range of both the router as well as the devices in the areas with low internet coverage. Netgear Wi-Fi extender has an easy setup process which we are going to discuss next. By performing extender setup via the Netgear extender login credentials, you will have an extended network reaching at all the nooks and corners of your home. There are mainly two ways in which Netgear Wifi extender setup can be done which are mentioned below. The first method involves using the web address www.mywifiext.net and the second method involves using Nighthawk application.
Netgear Wifi Extender Setup via manual method
Simply follow the ahead discussed instructions and you are all set.
- Begin by unboxing the Netgear Wifi extender. Keep an eye on any user guide or user manual as you may need it.
- Power up the extender by plugging it into electrical socket and turn it on. The LED lights on the extender should be turned on and stable before moving on to the next step.
- Using an Ethernet cable, establish a connection between the extender and router. Make sure that the Ethernet cable is plugged into its respective port on both the devices and the connection is not loose.
- Thereafter turn your computer on and open any web browser of your choice.
- In the address bar of the web browser, type in www.mywifiext.net in case you are using windows operating system.
- Hitting enter will navigate you to the log in page wherein you will enter you details like default username and password. Post this you will hit Log In button.
- This will redirect you to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Follow the instructions that you will see on the screen and you are done.
We sum up the set up process of Netgear Wifi extender using manual method. Please carefully follow the steps and enjoy using internet without any obstacles. Here we would like to mention that in case you are using a MacBook , then you need to type another web address which is mywifiext.local in the web browser address bar for setup process.
Netgear Wifi Extender Setup via Nighthawk App
To set up the Netgear Wifi extender using your mobile, follow the steps 1,2 and 3 from the above mentioned manual method and then move forward with the below stated instructions.
On your mobile, go to Wi-Fi settings and connect to the extender’s default Wi-Fi network which is Netgear_ext. Now search and download the Nighthawk app via Play store or App Store. Launch the app and it will prompt you to login to your Netgear account, post which you need to login to Netgear account using the admin credentials. After successful log in, keep following the step-by-step instructions displayed on the mobile screen to smoothly set up the Netgear Extender.
This was all about how a Netgear extender can be set up via the mywifiext setup wizard and the Nighthawk app. Now you have got familiar to the both the ways of Extender set up. We hope that you will flawlessly set up your Netgear extender and start using it and prevent any Wifi blind or dead spots at your home. The extender will receive the network from the router and broadcast a new Wifi network under new name. By saying this, we would want you to know that you will have different Wifi network with different names in different parts of your home.