Last Updated on October 27, 2022 by admin
Your current wireless network’s range and coverage may be significantly improved by using a WiFi range extender from Linksys. Therefore, with Linksys WiFi extender setup, you may take pleasure in an internet connection that is continuous throughout your whole house. You must alter the extender’s default admin password in order to make the WiFi network that the Linksys device creates more secure. However, the vast majority of customers forget their password shortly after changing it and turn to search engines like Google to find the answer to their question, which is often something along the lines of “how to conduct a Linksys password reset.”
If you count yourself among them, then you have (miraculously) come upon the appropriate post. In this section, we will walk you through the various steps required to reset the password for your Linksys extender. Keep reading.
Linksys Password Reset
In the unlikely event that you need to reset the password for your Linksys WiFi range extender, you will first need to restore the original factory settings of your extender, and then you will need to change the admin login password.
Changing the password on the extender and resetting the device to its factory settings are two separate actions, in their most basic form. And it is necessary for you to carry out both of them. Let’s dig in.
How to Do Linksys Extender Reset?
- The first thing you need to do is turn on the power to your Linksys range extender.
- Make sure that it is plugged in correctly and that it is receiving consistent power from the wall socket.
- In order to reset your extender, press and hold the Reset button.
- Give the range extender sufficient time to fully reboot.
FYI, you can also do Linksys extender login page to perform Linksys WiFi extender reset.
Done! This is how you may return your Linksys extender to the default settings that came with it when it was first purchased. You may now use the default password in order to log in to your WiFi extender. Altering the default password is one step you can take to improve the safety of the network that your extender creates. This step was covered before.
How to Change Linksys Extender Password?
After you have finished resetting your Linksys password, proceed with the procedures that are provided below to change the admin default password for your Linksys range extender:
- Put your Linksys range extender in a spot in your house that is always tidy and organized. It would be ideal if you could position it so that it is not close to anything that may cause interference, such as electrical devices, reflective surfaces, metal items, or water resources.
- Now, turn on the wireless range extender that you have.
- Turn on your desktop computer or your portable laptop.
- Begin using whatever internet browser you like to use. Verify that you’re running the latest version of your browser.
- After entering the default web URL for the admin login on your Linksys extender, hit the Enter key to continue.
- When you click that button, you’ll be sent to the sign-in screen.
- Please log in using the default username and password to proceed.
- To log in to your extender, you must first press the OK button.
- Proceed now to the section labelled Administration.
- In the Extender Password section, enter the new password that you just created.
- Enter the password again for verification.
- Last but not least, choose the “Save” option.
Kudos! You have successfully updated the admin password for your Linksys extender by accessing the Linksys extender login page. Make sure that the new password contains both special symbols and a random combination of numbers and alphabets.
With that, we are wrapping up our guide written on how to reset your Linksys extender and change its default admin password.