YouTube has been serving us excellent content for over a decade and has taken second position in the world’s most popular search engines. If you’ve been following channels, you’ve probably noticed one trait that every successful YouTuber has in common: they make the most of the last 20 seconds of their videos by adding cards and end screens. How to add cards to the youtube end screen? A major question rise here.
Yes, the first few moments are crucial to keeping an audience, but the last few seconds are integral to promoting and growing a channel.
Before we get into the details of this fantastic marketing tool, let’s know what precisely an end screen is and why it matters.
What is the YouTube End Screen?
The end screen is a built-in YouTube feature that appears in the last 5-20 seconds of clips.
And, if you put captions on your video, your visibility can improve even more. You can learn more about putting video subtitles by clicking this link. You can use it to promote other videos, remind your viewers to subscribe and add links to external sites.
What are the end screen and YouTube card elements?
Now that you know what the YouTube end screen is let’s discuss what comes with this feature. You can put up to four different elements in it, and see below some of the most used.
- Subscribe button: Most YouTubers remind their audience to click the button to subscribe to their channel. Not all viewers do this at the beginning of the clip, so you need to add this button at the end of your videos.
- Recommended channel: This element looks like the one above, but it serves a different purpose. Suppose you have another YouTube channel where you post different types of content. Mentioning it at the end of your video is a good idea, but it’s best to add it to the canvas to ensure the correct targeting.
- Video or Playlist: This element is a great way to get the audience to check out your other clips. Suppose you vlogged a day in your life. At the end of it, you can link your other materials similar to this one to keep viewers entertained.
- Poll: If you want to know what your audience thinks about something, this card will be very useful.
- External site: if you want your audience to go to a page after they finish watching your videos, add it to this element. To add external links to your clips, enable monetization, and have an Adsense account.
Why are end screens and YouTube cards important?
These screens and cards are relevant because they help increase overall traffic and subscriber numbers. After someone finishes watching your video, that person can see the others available. Add other YouTube channels if you have them.
YouTube end screen elements are important because they make a noticeable difference in content engagement. You can use them to promote crowdfunding campaigns, websites, and merchandise.
This feature is subtle, but it is an extremely useful marketing tool if used correctly.
How to create end screens and YouTube cards effectively?
After so much hard work and dedication to your videos, you want your channel to grow. YouTube final cards are important tools in this case, and all you need to do is follow the steps below.
Creating YouTube End Screens
Now that you know the importance of end screens and their purpose, follow this step-by-step guide to create them.
- Go to Studio and check the left side to find Video Manager and select it.
- Click in the space where you want the end screen to be.
- Select the “End Screen and Annotations” option located at the top of the screen. You can configure or add elements from there.
- Press the blue “add element” button. You will also see how it will look to the audience.
The creation of the cards is as important as the creation of the screens. Think carefully about the content that will be added and create it following the steps below.
- Click on the “Video Manager” tab in Creator Studio.
- Select the “Edit” option located below it and select the “cards” option.
- Choose the type of card you want to create from the “add card” menu.
- To finish, click on “create,” select the timeline and “apply”.
YouTube allows you to customize end screens, and you can use the platform’s video editors to create them based on the vibe and aesthetic you want.
Tips for using the end screen and cards effectively
As mentioned earlier, YouTube end screens and cards are excellent marketing tools if you know how to use them. Here are some suggestions that will make more viewers engage with your content.
- Keep the screen uncluttered: Too many elements in a single video can be overwhelming. The audience may not click on any of them if they see too many options. Use 2 to 3 to keep the image clean and simple.
- Wait until the end: if you promote other things while viewers are watching your video, they may stop watching it. So it is better to wait until the end to use external elements.
- Cards related to your video: They must be connected to the content that viewers are consuming. If you post random links and clips unrelated to the topic, you will get confused. Suppose you posted a tutorial on how to edit videos. If you have already created a tutorial on how to record videos, you should add it to the final screen.
We hope this article will provide you with all the information you need before you start using this innovative marketing tool. Make the most of the last 5-20 seconds of your videos by adding end screens and cards, and see a big difference in the growth of your Youtube channel!
Apart from this if you are interested to know about How Do You Make the YouTube Comment Section a Secure Space for viewers? then visit our Tech category.